Aims and scope
The IUSCA IJSC is a leading peer-reviewed, academic journal specialising in Sport Science, Sport Performance, and Strength & Conditioning. The IJSC is Diamond Open Access, demonstrating the desire of the IUSCA to make research freely available to all.
This is only possible through the support of organisations, institutions, and individuals who generously make donations to support us. As a non-profit organisation we rely on this community support, so if you fin the IJSC useful, please consider making a tax deductible donation to us here.
There has been a recognised need for innovation and progression within the field of S&C/Sport Science to ensure that evidenced based research is available to the entire community. Often, research will take several years to be published, be subject to high publications costs, and the content will then only be accessible through a paywall.
Furthermore, in order to help bridge the gap between academia and the field of practice, there is a need to open up publication to a broader range of academics, students, coaches and other practitioners. The IJSC aims to deliver a unique and innovative model to transform the current industry.
The IJSC will cover original research, commentary, opinion, case study, and review in all areas related to S&C:
All work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Articles published in IJSC will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
The IUSCA Journal welcomes submissions from all suitably experienced and qualified members of the S&C community and associated scientific disciplines.
Submission and publication in the journal is free, and subject to our community and editorial review process. The following conditions must be met for submission:
- The article must not have been published before
- The article must be original work and not subject to plagiarism
- The article should address an important topic within the field, helping to advance the profession
- All authors must agree to publication
- All work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License
- The Author Guidelines should have been read and the article must be formatted and styled accordingly
- The editorial board reserves the right to remove any article, at any time, without prior notice or explanation
- The use of general descriptive names, trade names, trademarks, etc. in the articles of this journal, even if not specifically identified, does not imply that these names are not protected by the relevant laws and regulations
- The members of the editorial board try to guide the review process as carefully as possible but cannot take legal responsibility for the outcome and aftermath of acceptance or rejection
- While the advice and information in this journal is believed to be true and accurate on the date each article is published, neither the authors, the editors, or the IUSCA can accept any legal responsibility for any errors or omissions that may have occurred.