The IUSCA Journal is the world’s first, free to submit, free to publish, open access journal in the field of strength and conditioning (S&C).
There has been a recognised need for innovation and progression within the field, to ensure that evidenced based research and articles are available to the entire sports science community. Often, research will take several years to be published, be subject to high publications costs, and the content will then only be accessible through a paywall.
Furthermore, in order to help bridge the gap between academia and the field of practice, there is a need to open up publication to a broader range of academics, students, coaches and other practitioners. The IUSCA Journal aims to deliver a unique and innovative model to transform the current industry.
The IUSCA Journal will cover original research, commentary, opinion, case study, and review in all areas related to S&C such as:
- Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Sport and Exercise Biomechanics
- Applied Anatomy and Kinesiology
- Applied Nutrition
- Periodisation and Applied S&C
- Coaching and Cognition within S&C
- Evidence Based Theory and Rationale in S&C
- Datum from teams and athletes
The IUSCA Journal allows all members of the Association to submit, free-of-charge, an article that fits within the remit of the journal. This will undergo initial quick review by the editorial panel. If accepted, it will be published online for community peer review by the IUSCA community. Following 4 weeks of commentary and review, the author will have the opportunity to make changes and submit for final review by the editorial panel. If accepted, then the article will be assigned a DOI number and officially published in the IUSCA Journal.
Benefits of this model include:
- Ability for all members of the community to create published research and articles
- Opens up areas not usually covered in the academic literature
- Bridges the gap between practitioner and researcher
- Fosters community discussion and interaction
- Cost effective and efficient